Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hopping around Europe

So these first 2 weeks have been very busy with booking flights, buses, and trains, to get to everywhere my friends and I want to see in Europe.  I'm starting to realize that it will be impossible to go everywhere with less that 14 weekends in the semester, and I have decided I'd rather travel throughout Spain a lot because I can always visit other countries again but I will probably never live here again.


So far I am going to Madrid and Toledo this weekend, January 27th-29th.  Then February 10th-19th I am traveling through Prague, Vienna, and Budapest!  This is our big trip, and I know it will be unforgettable.  The weekend after that is a 4 day weekend for us, and we are trying to find cheap flights to go to Paris and Versailles for the 24th-27th of February.  THEN March 2-4  I am going to Dublin, Ireland, and staying with a mutual friend to save money on hostels!  March 9th our school plans a paid day trip to Cordoba, Spain for us.  March 16-18 is a possible Barcelona trip, or to Valencia to see their Las Vayas festival (apparently very cool).  Wow I have a lot going on.  March 30th-April 8th we have another weeklong break, but to save a little bit of money and enjoy Spain the plan is to go to Segovia, and then Ibiza (Island off of Spain) and then come back to Granada area to celebrate Semana Santa- one of Spain's biggest celebrations around Easter time!  April 13th the school plans a paid hiking trip to Alpujarras- not sure what this entails but I'm pretty sure I can tackle anything after climbing my little mountain.  And then April 20-22 is a Lagos-Portugal trip.  April 27-30th is another long weekend, and I hope to make it to Sevilla to see a bullfight!  Then May 7th they are shipping me back to the US.  


The areas that I wish I could see but unfortunately probably won't make it to are Amsterdam, Germany, England, and Italy.  I just know as a college student, I don't think I could see ALL of Italy and do it justice in 5-7 days and on a budget.  Italy is somewhere where I would want to go to the best restaurants, taste the best wine, and stay at a nice hotel (not a hostel crawling with cockroaches).  I would love to try to find a weekend to squeeze in Germany and visit my good friend Carmen, who was an exchange student in the states while I was in high school.  And I'll just watch a lot of Harry Potter to feel as though I am in England.  And Amsterdam, well, I don't smoke soo it's not the end of the world if I don't go there!  


I think I am making the most out of living in Spain by visiting several Spanish cities!  And I know that after these 4 months that I would want to come back to Europe again someday.  


That's all for now!  Actually, I do have to say that the one thing I miss the most about the US is that our meat and fish does not come with the heads already attached.  If I have to peel the head, legs, and scales off of one more thing, one more time, I'm gonna puke.  

No comments:

Post a Comment